Sunday, April 18, 2010

all in a day's work

My to-do list's are forever long... they always have been. Everything I can think of that needs done gets written down. Some people would find it overwhelming yet I enjoy knowing everything has been acknowledged.


The sad thing is that at the end of the day, the things I wanted to do the most were left for last and didn't find a place in my busy day. Things like scrapbooking, walking to the park with the kids, exercising, taking a relaxing bath while reading a chapter in my book. ... the things I do for me.... the things that make ME happy.


So what did I spend my day doing, well ... phone calls, bills, organizing, the never ending tidying up, loads and loads of dishes, the huge mounds of laundry that seem to be in every room, taking out the trash, vaccuuming, sweeping, mopping, etc. And while it does feel good to get them done, I ignored my family and myself to accomplish it.


I feel like I take on too much responsibility, because if I don't do it... who will? Sounds like its time for a chore chart!

No comments: