Monday, June 10, 2013

Heartbroken

There are no words that can adequately convey the complete heartbreak of yesterday's tragedy. My heart hurts so much for Shelby and Bri right now. I can't even comprehend the loss of someone so important to me, and to lose them so suddenly and without warning is devastating.
 
The world was a better place with Sherri and Bill in it. They created the family that everyone wants to be a part of. To be honest, I didn't know Bill really well, but the stories (and pictures) are proof of his awesomeness, and I can't say enough good about Sherri. She was always so positive and smiley. She loved her girls so much and she was always there to support them in everything they did. Seriously, she was one of the most amazing mothers I've ever met. In my mind I know that God has a plan and Sherri and Bill are happy and together right now, but my heart hurts so much for Shelby and Bri. They are like little sisters to me (and two of the best babysitters in the whole world!) so when I heard the news I felt devastated for them. You never want to see loved ones suffering, and this pain is too much for me to even understand. It's going to be hard every day for the rest of their lives. To lose such a vital part of your world.... there is no condolence that makes that burden lighter and that is a horrible reality for someone you love.
 
As a grown woman with children of my own the thought of losing my mother terrifies me. I need my mom. Every girl needs their mom. Especially every teenage girl. Prom dresses, high school drama, the breakups, the failures and the successes. Sherri won't be there to approve of the men they want to marry, to help them plan their weddings, to watch them try on gowns, to hear them say "I do".  She won't be there when they become mothers themselves. Their babies will never meet their incredible grandparents. It's such a devastating loss with such far reaching sadness. All day I have just randomly started crying when I think of Shelby and Bri's lives now. I wish I could make it all better for them but I know I can't and it makes me sick. I've tried to help but Jesse just keeps telling me he'll let me know when they are ready for it, but there is nothing anyone can really do for them right now.
 
But when they are ready for it... I'll be there to help with anything and everything. I just wish this trial was not theirs to face.
 

No comments: