Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Battlestar Galactica

I know what you are thinking, me .... sci-fy nerd .... really?! Well, I am as shocked as you are, trust me!

It all started because my husband, a known sci-fy junkie was watching the series. At first I mocked him, who wouldn't?! lol. But then I started to catch a few scenes here and there as I went about my day. I found myself reluctant to leave the room on several occasions. And then it happened. I saw a whole episode and I was hooked.

Starbuck (coolest girl in fake history!) is shot down by a Cylon Raider and abandons ship on a hostile planet. She seeks shelter in the downed raider and discovers that it is a living organism. She figures out how to fly it and makes her way back to Galactica. Adama and Apollo (captain of the fleet and his way good looking son) have launched a dangerous rescue mission and are trying to find Starbuck. Then the crazy President Roslin (so not a fan of her) finds out that they are putting the fleet at risk, she puts the kibash on the whole plan. Just as the fleet is about to leave, a lone cylon raider appears. Lee (aka Apollo) tries to shoot it down but it outmaneuvers him until he is able to see its underbelly -- Starbuck has written her name on it.  AMAZING!!  And that is leaving out the whole Helo and Boomer (a Cylon!) adventure on Caprica!  Wow.

My name is Sarah Ray, and I am addicted to Battlestar Galactica.

No comments: