Sunday, September 4, 2011

Shhhh.....

Is it possible that some people have no quiet voice?

X can't help but be loud all.the.time. I am not even exaggerating on this one, his whisper is louder than my normal voice. It's so bad that I've had his pediatrician test his hearing and check his ears (twice) because I was convinced something was seriously amiss. But much to my dismay, his ears and his hearing are all normal. So why can't he keep regulate the volume of his voice? Who knows!?
Here's how it usually goes:
X: I am really hungry, it's weird how its late and now I am hungry.
Me: Shhh... the kids just went to bed, I need to you to talk quietly.
X: (In the same very loud voice) I am being quiet.
Me: Well, then I need you to whisper, because that is not quiet.
X: (In the same very loud voice) Ok. I will, can I go get a snack?
Me: Yes, you may. Please just practice talking as quietly as possible.
X: (In the same very loud voice) I really am being as quiet as I can be you know.
Me: Yeah, I know...

lol. No matter how I try. No matter what we practice. He can not be quiet.

What can ya do?! lol.

No comments: