Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Get your 'P' on!

In our house we have a saying. "Get your P on!" It's a silly little thing that reminds us to be: Patient, Positive and Polite. If I catch one of the kids not following those family rules I remind them by saying something silly like: "Don't forget to P!" , "Sounds like you need to P" ... or something along those lines. To outsiders it sounds like I'm being gross and using potty language, but to my kids it usually makes them laugh; which, along with the secret reminder usually corrects whatever poor behavior they are portraying.  It's part of my P.arenting tactics I am working on. :)
  • Patient
  • Positive
  • Polite
  • Playful
  • Persistent
  • Practical
  • Prayerful
  • Pleasant
  • Proper
  • Praise

Maybe one day I'll write a book... :) but I gotta test out my theories and make sure they work first! Otherwise I'd just look like a Punk! lol.

1 comment:

NaDell said...

Great idea! Kids love potty talk too and hopefully that helps them act a little more positive, playful, and pleasant! =)