Saturday, December 10, 2011

I just can't say NO!

I bought another magazine subscription I don't need today. I hate myself for it too. I could cancel but I won't. lol. I know my weaknesses and door to door sells are one of them. Here's why:

1. People are always mean to them, so I like to be extra nice.

2. I love strangers, and helping them out is like a double bonus.

3. My anxiety flares the second they step foot in my house, and I will do anything to get them back out. lol.

Mostly the first two, but that last one is a biggie!! So. I have decided to solve this problem by putting up a sign on my front door.  A nice framed "No Soliciting Please" sign. It will say something like this:


No Soliciting Please
we found Jesus
we love our vacuum
we already give to charity
we have more magazines than we need
and my kid is selling the same crap you are
but good luck and have a great day!!!
:)

That's nice enough right?! Obviously friends, family and the missionaries are always welcome at my house, but that's not soliciting. I don't even mind when people of other religions come over and chat me up a bit. They aren't trying to sell me anything. It's those darn college kids and their tuition costs. Well, I have college students of my own to support too dang it!




1 comment:

NaDell said...

I love that no soliciting sign!