Thursday, December 22, 2011

Therapy

Today X had his first official session with his new therapist. I LOVE HIM!! In fact, I want him as my therapist. :) He is a very "large in stature" man with a calming "radio" kinda voice. He used to play for the Seattle Sonics and is now an assistant coach of the CBC Men's College Basketball Team in his spare time. He is really positive, and right off the bat you can tell he is a genuinely cares. Not only will X be seeing him once a week, he is also going to stop by the middle school every other week and talk with the staff on his behalf, check in on his progress and to say hi to X in his environment.

Right before we left he gave X his card to keep in his wallet, and told him "when you need to you can call me or text me. If ever I don't answer, just leave me a message and I will always call you back. I am on your side, we are a team and you'll never have to feel like you have to fight your battles alone. I will help you learn the skills necessary to be successful in school and in life." He told him he could tell he was a great kid and said he was excited to get to know him and said he looks forward to seeing him after Christmas.

I couldn't stop smiling. I loved it! The intake psych was a little too straightforward and tougher than I wanted for X, and I was nervous about another guy therapist, I almost insisted on a woman because he responds so well to them (the kid's got some SERIOUS mommy issues) but he doesn't really respect women because he can "charm" them so easily (and he can, that's no lie) but this guy... IS AMAZING. He is exactly perfect for X. I was so happy that I almost cried!! lol.

Hooray for answers to prayers!! I am excited for this next chapter in the Xie saga. He will turn out to be a great man yet, just you watch. Patience and persistence. :)

No comments: