Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Day Off

My husband gave me the day off today. At first I fought him over it, I thought he was trying to be rude ... he's not exactly the best with words; or rather I am super defensive. :)  I left the house in a huff without thinking about where I was going to go or what I was going to do.

I slammed my car door shut, flung myself into the driver's seat and pouted. I buckled the seat belt and turned my favorite "bad music" up really loud... a couple f-words later and I could feel the start of a smile creep across my face (I really love bad words and swearing in general. haha) and I decided that I was going to get a Rockstar. As soon as I cracked that bad boy open it was over! I was singing and dancing and la-la-loving my 'me time' all over town. Happy Day Off indeed. lol.

I spent the afternoon shopping and found some great deals. I parked at the back of parking lots because there was no need to rush, I went to 5 different stores, stopped to get coffee and go tanning, I didn't have to stress about littles or worry about how much time I had left before the boys got home, or what I was going to cook for dinner. It was fabulous! So fun. The only thing that could have made it any better would be a friend or two, creme brulee and maybe some Tofu Teriakyi.

All in all, it was a fabulous, relaxing day!! And now, I know what I want for Christmas!! :)

No comments: