Tuesday, August 2, 2011

.the key to "having it all"...

... is realizing that most likely, you never will. once you grasp that concept you can be happy with what you already have because, after all, it's most likely more than alot of people will ever have.

lately i have found myself wanting. a lot. and I know I should stop, but oh I want it so badly! :)

a beautifully landscaped yard. a better looking me. updates for the house. a newer car. money to shop all the good sales. a college education. a normal family.


but...

it's likely that someone in my neighborhood, whose yard is absolutely beautiful will lose their home by the end of the year.


and i realize that dreams are different for other people. a lonely girl could have the house of my dreams, but no one to share it with. no babies to snuggle in her arms, no loving husband to hold her hand, no mother to listen to her cry without judging, no dad to hug her tight, no sisters to laugh so uncontrollably with that you snort and spit, no brothers to threaten death to anyone who dare hurt her.


someone else may naturally come by killer looks and a body to die for, but her body is too broken to let her live any semblance of a real life. and chances are she'd trade me bodies in a second for the change to just live.


i do have a car, actually we have two of them. and they work well enough. and... a nice guy i know has a brand new amazing car, but no food in his house. when given the choice i pick food for my children.


good sales happen all the time, just because I can't participate in all of them shouldn't bum me out, because i do have enough money to shop some of them.


a college degree just seems like such a far out there goal, unattainable even - given my current responsibilities. but some college graduates will never have a job as good as mine.


... and my family, well. what is normal anyhow?? probably boring and I was born a drama queen, which means i'd complain about that too! hahaha.




I may not ever 'have it all' but ... MY LIFE IS GOOD, and that is something to smile about, heck I may even dance a little. :)

1 comment:

NaDell said...

So true. It's hard to see others buy fancy new houses and who seem to have everything and we seem to be scraping by, but I'd rather have kids and fun than things and be mad about messes. It's way better that way. Kids would just ruin a new couch anyway. ;)