Saturday, October 22, 2011

Priceless

Babysitter: $20
Fast Food Lunch and Dinner: $60.79
Gas to/from Ranch and Home: too much, x 3
Reclaiming part of my sanity: Priceless!


Today the puppies got new homes. They will be loved and well taken care of. Most of them will probably have better families than Athena (the one we kept) lol. It was an adventure. An experience the kids loved but I am happy to close that chapter in the book of my life. Puppies are a lot of responsibility and a lot of hard work, especially for someone who thinks that fish are messy pets.


It was a long afternoon. And it felt like "pan-handling", and a couple times in the beginning people treated us like we were. "You should be ashamed of yourselves". Um, thank you sir... I am, but would you like a puppy? ... Thank goodness for my husband, he got the kennel and puppies into the Element and set everything up for me. Thank goodness for Shellie, who is like my personal super hero (she even looks better than Superman in spandex!) who helped "re-home" the puppies and took over so I could take my little kids to their babysitters house for a much needed break.  


It's over. I am done. :) No more feeding puppies 4 times a day. No more spraying poop off the patio every morning. No more wasted afternoons setting up make-shift kennels that they got out of anyway. No more stress when people complained about the puppies. No more cleaning the yard because they tore something up. No more nagging. No more worry about them getting run over. No more puppies.


It's little Jabali's puppy and Mom's dog. Neither have anything to do with me. Hooray.  :)  

No comments: